In the Fun with Scratch Programming class, kids will learn programming and coding using the Scratch visual programming language, a project developed by the MIT Media Lab. The Scratch programming language is a great tool to introduce kids to Object Oriented Programming.
Kids will learn:
- The Scratch Programming Language
- Control and Motion Blocks
- Adding and editing sprites in Scratch
- How to create animations in the Scratch Programming Language
- Global Variables and Local Variables
- Creating animations, computer games, and interactive projects
Each child will have access to a computer and will be using the Scratch programming language and other tools to learn programming. At the end of the session, students will take home their completed projects and art so they can continue working at home.